Head Chef - The Spa Beckenham, London
Head Chef - The Spa Beckenham
Position: Head chef
Reports to: Food & Beverages Manager
Location: The Spa at Beckenham
Salary: £23,000.00 - £25,000.00
Job Type: Full time, Fixed Term Contract, Evening and Weekends, Shifts, 40Hrs a week
Start date: ASAP
Condition: Subject to DBS Clearance
Mytime Active’s aim is to improve the wellbeing of our customers and their communities through well managed, accessible and good value leisure, golf and health services.
Mytime Active Leisure is predominantly in the London borough of Bromley, we invest in our local communities to improve their access to quality health and fitness services.
The Role - Responsibilities:
We are a growing business looking for the brightest and the best to help us improve the wellbeing of our customers and the communities where we work.
We are looking for a Head Chef, who can demonstrate the ability to lead and coach young trainee chefs to be the future hospitality professionals and overseeing the team as chef in charge, you will be responsible for ensuring that the kitchen runs smoothly. In addition producing a consistent standard of quality food in a busy kitchen environment
- Ability to prepare, cook and present food for menus and functions catering.
- The understanding and ability to constantly deliver good quality customer care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Neat and presentable appearance with high standards of hygiene.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of staff.
- Ability to undertake a diverse workload and deliver to a high standard to required deadlines.
- Food Safety Certificate Level2 / 3 or equivalent
- Previous experience of running a busy kitchen environment, managing GP’s, overseeing a team of chefs
- Knowledge of current F&B best practice
- Commercial awareness
- Experience with stock control
Join us and you get to work for a great company and an ambitious, diverse and future focused HR team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf
25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays);
Holiday purchase scheme;
20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
Exceptional achievement award scheme;
Employee discount & salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.