Sous Chef - Rick Stein's Fish
Are you a Sous Chef looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for great food and fresh, high quality ingredients? If so we have the job for you as Sous Chef at Rick Stein's Fish in Falmouth.
As Sous Chef you will support the Head Chef in running this busy kitchen and deputise in the absence of the Head Chef.
If you share our passion for food and hospitality and you're looking to develop your career as a Sous Chef, we'd love to hear from you!
Reasons for you to join our team:
- You'll receive a share of tips from customers
- We'll support your development and offer you training to help you progress your career
- You'll receive 20% discount in all our shops and restaurants
- We can offer support with childcare costs for those with children
- We'll offer you preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- You'll be invited to events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
- You'll have access to our Employee Assistance Programme (Hospitality Action)
A day in the life of a sous chef - you'll be:
- Operating as a role model to the kitchen team.
- Leading the kitchen in the absence of the head chef.
- Organising and supervising stock rotation and ensuring minimal wastage.
- Supporting the head chef and inspiring the kitchen team.
- Monitoring stock transfers and accurately accounting for any movement of stock.
- Managing the dating and labelling of produce within the sections, freezer and walk in fridge.
- Controlling the kitchen from a financial and quality driven perspective.
- Supporting the head chef in the delivery of food safety and health & safety.
- Assisting the head chef in the scheduling, development and recruiting of the team.
If you'd like to join us, click the 'Apply' button to submit your full application.
We look forward to hearing from you!