Fitness Instructor (casual hours)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual Fitness Instructor at Sheppey Leisure Complex. You will provide inspiring fitness coaching to customers and to provide advice, guidance and programming to customers on all aspects of exercise and related subjects in accordance with the IsoSpa Customer Intimacy Health and Fitness programme.
Located in the town centre of Sheerness, the whole family can enjoy two swimming pools as well as giant pool inflatables, Water Walkez and soft play in the Adventure World. We also offer a state of the art fitness suite suitable for all abilities and styles of fitness training and a workout studio offering over 20 classes a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide clean, safe, warm, friendly and fun facilities.
* Provide safe, appropriate, fun and results focussed fitness coaching to customers.
* Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments.
* Support and guide customers to set SMART exercise goals.
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services available at the centre and advise customers accordingly.
* Adopt a pro-active approach to continuous service improvement.
* Contribute to planning and marketing strategies.
* Supervise all customers to ensure the correct use of fitness training equipment.
* Commitment to maintain REPs registration and attend regular CPD training.
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
Health and Fitness Instructors will possess a recognised qualification that allows entry at REPS Level 2.
The Health and Fitness Instructor should be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
* Exercise Instruction and Coaching
* Exercise Programming
* Needs Analysis and Goal Setting
* Health, safety and professionalism in exercise and fitness instruction
* Excellent product knowledge and experience
* High quality customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to empathise and work with customers of all age groups and levels of ability.
* Health and safety training and awareness
* Planning, marketing and sales promotional skills
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.