Concierge - East Ham Leisure Centre, London
Overview / Purpose of Role
The activeNewham concierge plays an exciting role in putting our customers first. This is a great way to play a more proactive and customer facing role in our customer journey, we we’ll look to you or take ownership for our customers’ requirements by delivering an excellent service every time. You will build genuine relationships, in a culture that encourages you to play an active role in the community.
- Responsibility for offering a consistent and outstanding level of customer service, building trust by engaging our customers and actively anticipating, and subsequently meeting their needs. You will be responsible for building rapport with our customers and ensuring you provide a friendly and approachable service that helps them with any customer service needs.
- To be at the forefront of activeNewham’s customer journey, and ensuring you listen to the needs of everyone and tailoring the service you provide to best meet the need of the customer. You will be responsible for managing complex customer issues, ensuring you signpost or escalate to the appropriate party where necessary.
The post holder is accountable to the General Manager, and report into the Duty Manager. The Concierge is responsible for the front of house provision at activeNewham, ensuring customer queries are resolved and customers are equipped with the knowledge to utilise the kiosks appropriately to enter and exit the centre. The post holder will work closely with the leisure centre team and will sign post customers to the appropriate parties where needed.
- The post holder will be required to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as part of a rota.
- The post holder will be required to wear a uniform and to ensure that all staff adhere to this dress code
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- Provide a friendly and professional welcome to all customer and visitors, presenting a positive organisational image
- Ownership of customer enquiries, provide information, and directly customers towards expert resources when needed
- Assist customers with processing there transactions on the Kiosks
- Manage customer access through the use of front of house entry systems
- Manage and protect sensitive customer information in accordance with relevant legislation
- Follow the organisational complaints procedure and escalating where necessary
- Work within the limitation of this job description, and referring to relevant members of staff where guidance and support is required
- Ensure that all necessary qualifications for the post are maintained and renewed as appropriate
- Fully participate and engage in training provided by the centre and organisation
The criteria listed in this Person Specification are all essential to the job.
- Sound understanding of leisure centre customer goals and needs
- Proven track record in customer service, with a customer orientated approach to all tasks
- Knowledge of electronic booking systems
- The ability to effectively promote, market and sell the service and centre
- The ability to deal with customers and their queries and concerns with tact and sensitivity
- The ability to deliver a high quality service with minimal supervision
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills and IT literate
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Previous experience in busy leisure / health and fitness centres, or working in a customer service focused environment
- Experience of dealing with routine administration
- Evidence of achieving results and making a difference to customers
- A dynamic individual with a ‘can do’, results driven approach and attitude.
- An appreciation of, and commitment to, the distinctive culture and philosophy of the organisation
- Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealings with people
- Flexible approach to tasks and workload
- Ability to work flexible shift patterns outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays
Other Special Requirements:
Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends to maintain and ensure consistent service delivery.