Assistant Venue Manager
1 day left
- Job Type
- Full Time
To work as part of the management team, ensure that all aspects of the business operate efficiently. Focus to be given to the general security and cleanliness of the premises and the safety of customers and staff. To undertake all learning requirements needed to fulfil the duties asked of a member of management team. As and when required to manage as part of the Duty management roster. To work as part of the management team to ensure that services are organised effectively and efficiently, with due regard to quality, Customer service, Health and Safety and the Mission and objectives of Hertfordshire Students’ Union.
Key role requirements:
- Complete all duties and be responsible for the venue operation in the absence of the venue manager
- To act as delegated responsible person and to protect the licensed status of Hertfordshire Students’ Union
- To assist with the management of the day to day activities in order to achieve set targets, in accordance with agreed standards and parameters
- To provide effective and appropriate supervision of junior managers and staff working in bars, catering and security functions and any other staff on site requiring supervision
- To make recommendations and present proposals to Departmental and Line Managers
- To work closely with Departmental and Line Manager to ensure all venue functions meet legal and Health & safety requirements
- To ensure efficient and effective provision of all services
- In conjunction with line managers to take responsibility for the training, management, deployment and development of all student staff
- Assist in the development of all junior managers
- To ensure that all staff fulfil their duties with a high degree of customer care and to aspire to the highest standards of customer service at all times
- To ensure that all requirements concerning Health & Safety are adhered to
- Flexibility is a key requirement of the post. As part of this flexible approach, the post holder is required to be familiar with the ordering, banking and security procedures in both venues
- To actively monitor service standards and ensure they are met, to set targets and objectives for members of staff and for services in general. To lead from the front in setting service standards
- To ensure that ‘day to day’ operations for the venue run as smoothly as possible and to assist with ‘hands on’ duties as required by the business
- To Keep abreast of relevant national and local developments, changes in legislation, and good practice and attend conferences, training events and meetings as necessary.
- To have a flexible approach to work and to undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
- To aspire to the highest standards of customer care at all times and, in conjunction with other relevant Union staff, to identify and respond to customer needs.
- To respect the democratic structure of the Students’ Union at all times.
- To abide by Hertfordshire Students’ Union Memorandum and Articles of Association, and Union Policies and Procedures at all times.
- To work flexibly and efficiently and to promote a positive image of Hertfordshire Students’ Union at all times.
- To set high standards of integrity, punctuality, accuracy, politeness and professionalism by personal example
- To be aware of the department’s impact on the environment and to work within the environmental policies of the Union and the University (where applicable).
- To contribute towards the unions strategic plan
- To make appropriate provision to ensure all tasks are always completed to plan, and within agreed timescales
The post holder reports to the Venue Manager but will work closely with the Venue Management teams, elected officers of the union and other Hertfordshire Students’ Union staff.
The post holder will supervise all student/part time staff within the venue and will provide first line supervision of other staff in the absence of their line manager.
Responsibility for budgets
The post holder is not directly responsible for the budget, but is expected to have a good working knowledge of the budget and to take steps to ensure that budgets are adhered to.
The post holder will come into contact with students and other customers, Students’ Union Managers, staff and elected Officers, University staff and Union suppliers.
This document outlines the general duties required for the time being for the post of Assistant Venue Manager. This is neither a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the duties may be varied from time to time and may be changed and be added to or deducted from. Any changes will not alter the general character of the job and/or level of seniority or responsibility, unless following on from discussion and agreement.
Skills and Experience
Educated to A’ level or equivalent NVQ, High level of numeracy and literacy, Hold a valid personal license, Hold a valid SIA badge, Excellent IT Skills, Good understanding of Licensing Law, Food Hygiene certification, Basic First Aid, Ability to manage conflict situations, An understanding of Stock Control systems, Experience of working with Budgets and meeting Financial targets, Experience in coaching staff, Ability to function and thrive within a student led culture, Reliable, flexible, friendly, honest, Ability to relate to students, Ability to effectively communicate with staff of varying abilities and ages, Ability to work well under pressure, Ability to lead by example and work within a team, Self-motivated, enthusiastic, Diplomatic, Ability to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions and support those of the rest of the Management Team
Business focused NVQs or equivalent qualifications, Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Apply for Assistant Venue Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly