C&B Manager - Stoke-on-Trent
North Stafford Hotel, Stoke-on-Trent
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Conference and Banqueting Manager
Reporting to: Hotel General Manager
- Ensure the highest possible standard of Conference/Event presentation, service and management at all times, with strict adherence to accuracy of business sheet details and departmental SOP standards.
- To be fully aware of all Health/safety/fire instructions and legislation within your department.
- Ensure Health /Safety/Fire regulations are adhered to at all times throughout the hotel, reporting any major issues that require immediate action to senior personnel.
- Ensure safe practice and good housekeeping is maintained in departmental storerooms and with equipment at all times.
- Ensure that public areas and function rooms are clean, safe environments at all times.
- Undertake and record all training for Conference & Banqueting department staff. This must be up to date at all times. Arrange performance reviews/appraisals at intervals requested by Personnel and/or when appropriate.
- Liaise with the Conference Office with regard to the planning of forthcoming events and any operational issues arising, especially to any shortfall in stock requirements that need ordering. Attend planning meetings with clients as required.
- Liaise with the accounts office to purchase conference stock items as required within hotel budget guidelines, using the correct procedures at all times.
- Complete departmental rotas to ensure the daily business is adequately covered without wastage and with awareness of departmental budget. Control holidays and lieu time in relation to business demands.
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately and along with clock cards, submitted on time.
- Control conference stock, minimising waste and ensuring appropriate control procedures are adhered to at all time.
- Ensure all client charges/extras are posted on a daily basis and inform conference department to enable the updating of repeat business.
- Attend any meetings/training sessions/company conferences as requested.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager on a daily basis to discuss current/forthcoming business and any other issues.
- Undertake Duty Manager shifts and other operational tasks as requested to ensure the professional management of all hotel business.
- Problem solver
- Forward thinker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workloads
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Apply for C&B Manager - Stoke-on-Trent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly