Chef - Manchester
Country House Hotel, Manchester
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
- Ensure the highest possible standard of Food Production and presentation within the hotel adhering to menu specification and departmental ‘Standards Of Performance’ manual at all times.
- Ensure Food Hygiene Regulations as laid out within Food Hygiene Law are adhered to and that departmental checklists and guidelines regarding Food production and storage etc, are updated, monitored and actioned upon at all times.
- Assist personnel / health & safety officer to undertake random audits of kitchen areas.
- Control purchasing of food produce from nominated suppliers, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained whilst monitoring stock rotation / storage and ‘use by date’ markings of all goods in stock.
- Undertake departmental training alongside ‘Hotel Training Plan’ to develop employees within all kitchen departments and continually search to improve standards of service.
- Liaise with accounts office to produce weekly stock results, working at all times to achieve budgeted Gross Profit %.
- Complete departmental rota’s & timesheets for all hotel kitchens liaising with the hotel management and Conference office at all times regarding shift cover and business / staffing levels.
- Ensure the Kitchen remains a clean, safe and organised environment at all times, highlighting any major Health and Safety issues to Senior management for action.
- Liaise with Restaurant Management regarding promotional ideas such as specials, seasonal dishes and special occasion menu’s, implementing as required.
- Attend management meetings / training sessions / company conferences as requested by Resident Manager / General Manager or Personnel Office.
The candidate must be able:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and the ability to stick to deadlines.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Committed and keen to learn.
- Able to work closely with fellow colleagues.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.