Telephone Sales Advisors - Pontins Southport
Purpose of Job
To input bookings received via fax and email into booking systems.
To update all reservations with amendments, billing instructions etc.
To support team members and management with query resolution.
To professionally deal with all telephone enquiries.
To follow PCI compliance procedures and maintain data protection.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Inputting all bookings received through Eptica accurately (ensuring the right date, hotel and guest name are used).
- Answering the telephone within 3 rings and dealing with all enquiries quickly and politely.
- To access 3rd party extranets and check reservations as required.
- To access 3rd party extranets for relevant credit card information.
- Updating all reservations with confirmations, amendments and billing instructions including adding ledger accounts to reservations where required.
- Ensuring all prepaid non refundable reservations are charged at the time of inputting the reservations and passing all payment failures to the Administration Supervisor on shift.
- To comply with all PCI compliance regulations regarding storage of card details, muting calls when card details are being discussed and the upper limits imposed by Britannia Hotels Head Office.
- Ensuring all additional information is clearly added for the Hotel staff.
- Understanding business partners and Britannia Hotels closeout and allocation procedures
- Checking parking reports for all hotels and editing the bookings as required.
- Liaising with Revenue department and Administration Supervisors regarding allocations, rates and general revenue issues.
- Asking your Supervisors for assistance as and when required.
- Actively reading and promoting the company extranet on a daily basis
- Achieving minimum targets for number of bookings input per hour.
- Undertaking daily reservations checks as required
- Providing first line support to call centre team members for query resolution
- Liaising with Hotels and 3rd party bookers as and when required.
- Self service-answering queries, providing quotes and making reservations
- To answer overflow calls for the call centre
- Make bookings over the telephone
- Payment reports processed daily when required
- Confirmations-sending out all confirmations for bookings made in Opera that are requested.
- To comply with all data protection requirements and attend all training required.
- To comply with health and safety procedures within the Call Centre including fire and safety procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good computer skills
- Good level of written English
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Flexibility to help other departments if required
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Problem Solver
- Ability to follow instructions