Sales and Events Coordinator - Eastbourne
The Cavendish Hotel, Eastbourne
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Meeting & Events Co-ordinator will be responsible for conference and events bookings between Customers and the individual unit. In addition they will manage with the Hotel Manager all local promotions as specified by Group Sale and Marketing as well as working closely with the Hotel Manager.
In liaison with: Hotel Manager, Group Sales & Marketing Department Front Office, Kitchen, Operational Staff
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
Customer contact and final preparation
- To report for duty punctually as per rota, wearing correct uniform, including name badge.
- To send out all brochure request for conferences, weddings, lodges including covering letter within the shift of receiving the enquiry.
- To monitor and follow up requests for conferences, weddings, lodges and other enquiries with a phone call.
- All Contracts sent to clients, must be submitted with business terms and conditions. All contracts should be chased after a maximum of 2 weeks of holding space, to ascertain the status of the booking, and not to be holding space that could be resold.
- To collated and update mailing lists for special events, Christmas, Easter etc.
- To type all menus, table plans and place cards.
- To take minutes at function meetings and to type and distribute.
- To prepare all function sheets and distribute. And the same with amendment sheets.
- To phone the client prior to arrival, to finalise details, stating that you are looking forward to staging their event and that you will be pleased to meet them on arrival to run over their details, thus ensuring a successful event;
- To meet all clients on arrival, check their details are correct and effectively manage any last minute requirements. To be on call during the event and to see the client before departure to ensure everything was too their satisfaction, reporting back any client comments;
- To make contact during an event with the organizer and the senior management of the company holding the event whilst they are in the unit;
- To carry out an exit interview with the client executive responsible for the event, if more than one day, this can be done over the telephone (client’s wishes) or through one of the operational staff.
- To ensure that all Conference and Events are charged for accurately. All invoices are submitted to the correct address, with purchase order if or confirmation of booking if applicable.
- Ensure that any additional services or products that have been consumed are signed for, charged and submitted with the invoice.
- Ensure that you are aware and charge accordingly with the Hotel Manager approval cancellation or minimum numbers when the client’s numbers drop.
- To follow up within 3 days of the end of an event and that an event evaluation form is completed;.
- To effectively manage the final details for all events on a weekly basis and to ensure that all in the hotel are aware of any last minute function sheet changes;
- To chair with the Group reservations Supervisor the weekly function sheet meeting;
- To manage and book outside suppliers i.e. AV on behalf of clients
- Ensure that all details entered into Opera are correct.
- Ensure that all billing is accurate and can be accounted for, with signatures from the relevant departments obtained from the customer. Ensure all credit applications are completed correctly, and that all booking under the value or £500.00 are paid by credit card, cash or advance cheque, to keep debtors days down.
Business Development and Marketing Responsibilities
- To ensure that the hotel delivers the Cavendish Standards of Practice. To be fully conversant and have input into the unit’s conference budget both in terms of revenue generation and expenditure; To be involved in the production of the annual unit promotional plan; To ensure that all rooms bookings and conference bookings are correct and accurate; To deal with all wedding, lodge and corporate activity events and other local promotional bookings; To deal with all client show rounds at the hotel whilst maximising sales opportunities and to report back to the Hotel Manager and Group Sales & Marketing department on client feedback and new business. To deal with all walk in requests for function information and report to Hotel Manager; To take and manage any last minute bookings (on the day) via the Opera system To assist Group Sale & Marketing Manager and Hotel Manager with client show rounds; ensuring that the rooms are available and that the hotel shows itself to its best. To be responsible for all internal marketing material within the hotel and to ensure that it is all displayed according to Group marketing requirements; To co-ordinate with the respective Head Chef and Beverage Managers and Conference & Banqueting Operational Staff. To compile an annual activity plan of events and liase with the Hotel Manager and Group Sales and Marketing on all local marketing activities and supply them with required copy and databases when requested; To be responsible with the Hotel Manager and Group Reservations Supervisor for developing local marketing initiatives i.e. Antique fairs, tele-workers lunches, wedding fairs, Dinner Dances, Fam Trips etc; To assist the leisure club managers (if relevant) to put together and run their members retention events; To compile and keep updated the hotels’ local databases i.e. Christmas lunch bookers, Valentine bookers, Father’s Day & Mother’s Day, Sunday Lunches, Jazz Club etc; To be responsible for maintaining the Cavendish Hotel brand image within the hotel; To mail all engagements in the local paper with unit wedding information and follow up by telephone and organize an annual wedding fair in partnership with the local newspaper and local wedding suppliers with Group Sales & Marketing Manager. To manage the relationship with the local tourist board, local conference bureau and any other marketing initiatives.
- To carry out any reasonable duty as requested by a member of the Management Team; To attend training courses/sessions a requested by Hotel Management; To be aware of, and comply with Health & Safety at work etc Act 1974, and the units & Departmental fire procedures and to adhere to those procedures in the event of a fire evacuation.
Apply for Sales and Events Coordinator - Eastbourne
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly