Sous Chef - Scarborough
Britannia Grand Hotel Scarborough
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Sous Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
- Supervise the function of all kitchen employees, the kitchen, sales and costs to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- To control the following:
- Quality levels of product and services relating to the food operation.
- Operating costs in relation to the achievement of profit.
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene.
- Oversee, co-ordinate and become directly involved in the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Under the direction from the Head Chef, carry out the unit food stock control procedure on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Develop formal training plans and supervise on-the-job training sessions for all food production employees and kitchen related staff.
- Observe the health, hygiene, fire and other legal and statutory requirements affecting the kitchen.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a chef de partie.
- >You must have high standards of presentation and service.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others.
- Flexibility and adaptability essential.
- Up to
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.