Events Coordinator - Forest Row
Ashdown Park Hotel, East Sussex, now has an exciting opportunity available for Events Coordinator.
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade Two listed country house hotel set in 186 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland on the edge of the Ashdown Forest, 5 miles from the local town of East Grinstead and 17 miles from Gatwick Airport. An award-winning AA 4 red star Hotel which has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its Anderida Restaurant as well as a 'Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015', Green Tourism Business Scheme Silver accreditation and numerous other awards.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are passionate about providing first class customer service to exceed our guests' expectations.
Events Coordinator Overview:
We are looking for an experienced Events Coordinator with a welcoming personality to make Ashdown Park Hotel an experience to remember. At Ashdown Park we host over 50 weddings, hundreds of meetings, conferences and private dining bookings from 2 to 200 people, every year. We have 106 bedrooms,15 function rooms and a converted Chapel. Our Events Coordinators deal with all sales enquiries working with various hotel departments and preferred suppliers - coordinating lighting, AV, entertainment and team building. The Events Coordinator's responsibilities include meeting clients, producing quotations, contracts and invoices and function details. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your Events experience within a 5* environment.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the hotel/conference industry and high level skills in diary management, telephone sales, communication and customer service. In addition we would be seeking evidence of success in a similar sales orientated role where monthly budgets and targets have been achieved. Good administration, IT skills and attention to detail are paramount. Experience of Opera PMS is highly desirable. Candidates must be able to deal with a wide range of corporate and private clientele in a confident and professional manner.
As an Investors In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered
- Free car parking