Receptionist - 5 Star Luxury Boutique Hotel - South Kensington
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our Front Office team in the capacity of a Receptionist.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our unique team, have a passion for going that extra mile and have exceptional experience, then we want to hear from you!
Role Overview: your role as a Receptionist will be to provide a friendly & personalised service through a positive and professional attitude, manner, and presentation that projects a favourable image of The Ampersand Hotel.
- Keep abreast knowledge of all products & services, ranging from daily events, services and facilities available, and marketing and promotional activities
- Maintain a positive relationship with guests and colleagues by meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Answer all incoming calls within three rings, using the Hotel greeting standards
- Respond to queries received by any form of media within a 24 hour time frame, or pass them onto the appropriate personnel
- Assist guests with general enquiries, providing accurate and detailed information
- Prepare for Guest arrivals in accordance with Hotel procedures, including special request reservations and VIP Guests
- To provide a professional and timely check in /check out service for all hotel Guests which adheres to the Hotel’s policies and procedures
- Has a thorough knowledge of the main city attractions, historical places and activities i.e. checking current exhibitions, festivals, cultural events or meetings taking place in the city to give information to the guests
- Contact daily with airport weather forecast center to give information to the guests
- Deal with Guest accounts, including payments, deposits, exchanges, adjustments and disputed charges according to hotel procedures.
- Maintain and balance a cash float according to Company procedures.
- Complete any tasks / reports as stipulated by the supervisor / senior member of the hotel management
- Previous experience in a similar role ideally gained in a 4/5* environment is essential
- Contagious personality, energetic & enthusiastic
- Professional & customer focused
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Able to work within a team and on own initiative
- Takes ownership for his/her work
- An eye for detail
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
With some of the most stylish hotel rooms in Kensington, The Ampersand is a privately-owned luxury London hotel that combines contemporary excellence in design, service, food and technology in an 1888 building at the capital's heart.
We have been inspired by those great Victorian values of discovery and wonder - and given them a modern, whimsical twist.
The result: a cosmopolitan, 111-room luxury boutique hotel, bar, restaurant and drawing rooms, delivering 21st-century warmth, humour and total comfort.
The Ampersand Hotel is situated just a minute's walk from South Kensington tube station, and is well connected to Heathrow airport.
- Winner of the Best Medium Independent Hotel Employer in Hospitality 2013 in England & Wales
- Placed 9th in the Top 50 Employers 2013 in Hospitality in England & Wales