- Job Type
- Part Time
To assist in the daily operation of the Club. Providing a friendly, efficient service and ensuring the highest standard of customer care at all times for all members and visitors using the Club’s Health & Fitness facilities.
To the Duty Officer and the Operations Manager
· To supervise the Health & Fitness facilities to ensure the safety and welfare of all users at all times, giving appropriate guidance and advice to members as and when necessary.
· Provide an advisory service, including health checks, inductions, exercise prescriptions and fitness testing for all members and prospective members of the Health & Fitness facilities in accordance with the Club’s policies and procedures in place.
· To build and facilitate personal training programmes to suit all levels of fitness.
· Have and maintain a thorough knowledge of current and topical health and fitness related issues and trends.
· Actively sell the benefits of regular exercise and health promotion to the lifestyles of all members and prospective members.
· Maintain the Health & Fitness facilities in a hygienic and tidy fashion at all times undertaking regular cleaning duties as required by the Company.
· Take bookings, as required, for all inductions, fitness tests etc for the Health & Fitness facilities.
· Integrate with users of the Health & Fitness facilities to maintain a high level of customer contact.
· Deal with all customer queries in a friendly efficient manner in accordance with the Company’s Customer Care Policy, ensuring all relevant information is passed to, or forwarded to, the customer.
· Co-operate with the Company in all issues of health and safety under the provisions within the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Company Health & Safety Policy and any other subsequent and/or relevant legislation.
· The Fitness Instructor must maintain all manual records, as required by Management, to effectively administer the Health and Fitness facilities.
· To operate on a shift rota basis as a member of the Fitness Instructor team, incorporating evenings and weekends, as required, to effectively cover all Club opening hours.
· Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the Club, it activities, membership structure and packages and current promotions at all times.
· Actively sell the benefits of membership of the Club to prospective members and seek to retain existing members.
· Receive all incoming telephone calls in a friendly, efficient manner in accordance with the Company’s Customer Care Policy.
· Utilise a computerised booking, membership and till system to conduct all transactions.
· To attend regular staff meetings and training sessions as and when required.
· The Fitness Instructor must attend regular programmed staff training sessions as and when required.
· To develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of other areas of the operation and assist in these areas as required from time to time by the Company.
· To carry out other duties as may be required to ensure the Club operation is properly maintained to provide total customer satisfaction.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Relevant Experience/Knowledge & Technical Competencies
Knowledge of Health & Fitness industry
Knowledge of Fitness Testing and personal training techniques
Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements within a gym
Recognised Fitness Instructor Qualifications e.g. degree in sport science or QCF Level 2 or 3 Fitness Instructor
You will be required to hold or achieve a NPLQ or equivalent pool lifeguard qualification, although full training will be provided for the right candidate
Group Class Instructor or qualifications in other areas such as sports therapy massage are desirable but not essential
Personal Competencies / Skills
Outgoing and confident personality
Pro-active and reliable
Exceptional Customer Service skills
The Fitness Instructor must haver outstanding written and verbal communication skills
High standard of personal hygiene and appearance
Passionate about fitness and wellbeing
Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
This is a part time role (20 hours per week) on a three week rolling rota basis spread over 7 days. The shifts are as follows:
AM - 06:15 to 14:45
PM - 14:30 to 22:30
30 days annual leave (bank holidays included)
Automatic enrolment into the Club’s Pension Scheme
Death in Service benefit
Membership of the Club
9-hole Golf club membership at a reduced subscription
Cycle to Work Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme