Receptionist - Harrogate
The Majestic Hotel, Harrogate
4* Hotel Receptionist
As our hotel Receptionist you’ll be the first point of contact for all our guests and visitors’ needs. You will need to be the ambassador for the hotel, promoting a welcoming, informative and professional environment.
You’ll be dealing with a variety of tasks and situations, the regular check-ins and outs; telephone and reservations; handling queries swiftly and professionally, as well as the unusual and rare challenging occasions. We’re looking for some great skills that will assist you in welcoming our guests and making them feel special on every visit.
What we’re looking for from you
You will benefit from the following skills and experience – not all are essential as we’ll help with some training:
- Previous experience within the service industry, including cash handling
- Excellent verbal communication, face to face and telephone
- Good organisational, prioritising and administration skills
- Computer literate (ideally with hotel front office/reservations systems Opera)
- Customer focused and able to find solutions to their challenges
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Upselling skills
- Ability to work a variety of shifts 40 hours, 5 days over 7 (generally 6:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. / 2:45 p.m – 11:15 p.m. or mid shifts) There is a possibility of part-time positions as long as you have a flexible approach to working a variety of shifts, particularly on our busiest check-in and check-out days/times.
- In line with requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Unfortunately, no accommodation is available.
Pay and Benefits
£ per annum depending on experience, paid monthly.
Benefits are none contractual and may vary according to status and length of service
- 28 days (pro-rota for part-time) in the holiday year from April - March inclusive of Bank Holidays (holidays are not carried over). Holidays increase with length of service.
- Substantially discounted stays across the Group including friends and family
- Free leisure club membership
- Discounted food and beverage within the hotels
- High Street Discount incentive scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
An impressive 19th century hotel situated the heart of the spa town of Harrogate, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre and a short stroll from the famous Betty's Tea Rooms and Montpellier Gardens.
Set in 12 acres of award-winning landscaped gardens, The Majestic Hotel is charming and elegant, exudes sophistication and basks in its Victorian heritage offering a traditional setting for a relaxed stay.
A Victorian landmark, it is the perfect location for holidays and breaks in Harrogate and North Yorkshire.
This Harrogate hotel boasts 170 spacious bedrooms.
A fantastic opportunity to join the team at the Majestic. We offer 20 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays, complimentary membership for our leisure club, 20 % off treatments and products in our beauty treatment rooms, discounted accommodation rates. We also have access to some excellent training sources. Plus uniform, free car parking and a meal on duty.