Bar Supervisor - Harrogate
The Majestic Hotel, Harrogate
What is the job all about?
- To help create a positive, welcoming environment where our team succeed because they make our guests feel like part of our family.
- To be involved in the setting of department targets and objectives, and to monitor and strive for their achievement. Taking positive action to meet department objectives and targets.
- To put a smile on everyone face, including our own!
- To be an effective communicator with guests/clients/team and at all levels of the hotel
- To assist the Bars Manager in the control of wage costs in line with budgetary requirements
- To support the Bars Manager in the implementing and/or following of procedures concerning recording of stock movements e.g. correct charging of items, billing
- To ensure guest drinks are prepared and served according to company standards
- To ensure accurate stock-takes are carried out according to company policy
- To be involved in the setting of service and quality standards, and to monitor and strive for their achievement
- To monitor, anticipate and react to customer needs consistently to ensure maximum guest satisfaction by building positive relationships with clients/guests to ensure customer satisfaction
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness throughout the bars
- To coach individual team members to develop their skills and maximise performance by giving clear direction and guidelines to team members
- To assist the Bars Manager in the smooth running of the department
- To help create a great environment for both our guests and our team - Happy Team = Happy Guests
An impressive 19th century hotel situated the heart of the spa town of Harrogate, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre and a short stroll from the famous Betty's Tea Rooms and Montpellier Gardens.
Set in 12 acres of award-winning landscaped gardens, The Majestic Hotel is charming and elegant, exudes sophistication and basks in its Victorian heritage offering a traditional setting for a relaxed stay.
A Victorian landmark, it is the perfect location for holidays and breaks in Harrogate and North Yorkshire.
This Harrogate hotel boasts 170 spacious bedrooms.
A fantastic opportunity to join the team at the Majestic. We offer 20 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays, complimentary membership for our leisure club, 20 % off treatments and products in our beauty treatment rooms, discounted accommodation rates. We also have access to some excellent training sources. Plus uniform, free parking and a meal on duty.