Cafe Assistant (part time)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission.
Oswestry Leisure Centre requires a 12 hours per week Cafe Assistant, to work within the catering team to achieve high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will also ensure food is hygienically prepared and served in accordance with standards.
Oswestry Leisure Centre has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults to energetic aqua fit classes to the health suite.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure the Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and all relevant Food Safety Legislation and smoke free law is complied with
* Carry out cleaning duties to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout
* Undertake and record temperature checks and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained
* Follow the processes laid down in the SLIMS (Serco Leisure Integrated Management System) Catering Manual
* Ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently
* Ensure financial and cash handling procedures are complied with
* Prepare food and beverages as necessary in accordance with cafe menus and as required
* Replenish stocks within the cafe and vending machines as required
* Ensure brand standards are maintained and promoted
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
Skills and Experience
Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or equivalent is desirable. An Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety is desirable.
* Experience of working within a food retail operation or service led organisation
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
* High standards of presentation
* A flexible attitude
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.