Leisure Assistant (Casual), Quarry Leisure Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
The Quarry Swimming and Fitness Centre has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults, to energetic aqua fit classes and relaxing sauna in the health suite - there is something for everyone.
We are currently looking to recruit a Casual Leisure Assistant at Quarry Leisure Centre. You will be required to work as and when the business requires between Monday and Sunday. The role of the Leisure Assistant is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
The successful candidate must have a current NPLQ.
* Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring.
* Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring.
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities.
* Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets.
* Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate.
* Maintain high levels of customer service at all times.
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre.
* Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification.
* Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
* Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.