Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently looking to recruit a Receptionist to work at Oswestry Leisure Centre on a casual basis
Oswestry Leisure Centre is part of Shropshire Leisure Trust. It has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults to energetic aqua fit classes to and relaxing sauna in the health suite.
The Receptionist will be required to work on the front line area fulfilling a role of functions which will include; issuing receipts, processing fitness memberships, creating bookings, assisting in invoice enquiries, offering advice and guidance to users, undertake housekeeping duties as directed by a line manager, manage all forms of enquiries, completing orders when requested, processing all resale transactions and fulfilling any other appropriate duties as directed by a line manager.
* Work in a rota system and when the occasion calls for cover sickness and annual leave.
* Ensure a high level of customer care at all times and an effective response to all enquiries.
* Processing all forms of sales and transactions.
* Managing a bookings system and upsell all vacant slots when the opportunity arises.
* Assist in any form of emergency and evacuations.
* It is a requirement the post holder to be conversant with and work to the appropriate Child protection/vulnerable adult policy and procedures.
* Process all forms of fitness memberships and have the ability to advise users.
* Be prepared to work at other Leisure centres when circumstances dictate.
* Responsible for all monies taken on shift and ensure they are logged and secured respectively.
* Be aware of and act in accordance to all related Health and Safety policy.
* Be prepared on occasion to deal with potential irate users.
Qualifications & Experience
* Excellent computer skills is desirable
* Previous experience in a similar role / receptionist is desirable
* NVQ front of house/customer care qualification is desirable
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience please upload your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.