Swimming Teacher - Barkingside
(ASA Level 1 or 2) Casual cover & Permanent Shifts
Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre & Ilford County High School Pool
Barkingside – IG6
Salary: £10.00 – £15.00 per hour.
Subject to qualification, skills & ongoing mentoring/training.
Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre is Vision’s flagship site, our facilities include a 64 station gym, 25m swimming pool, teaching pool, diving boards, 2 studios and a luxury spa.
We are now looking to recruit Swimming Teachers for casual cover and permanent shifts at Fullwell Cross and also for our new Swim School at Ilford County High School Pool. If you hold an ASA Level 1 or 2 Certificate in Teaching Aquatics, have a passion and desire to teach people of all ages this invaluable life skill, then why not join Vision as a Swimming Teacher?
- To offer exceptional customer service to all users at all times.
- To deliver safe, consistent swimming lessons in line with the ASA National Plan for Teaching Aquatics and associated awards programme.
- To take every pupil’s needs into account, drawing on your knowledge of practices, progressions and teaching points, applying them in the most effective and appropriate way.
- Ensure through best practice that every pupil is made to feel safe and confident in their lesson.
- Update every pupil’s attainment on the Learn 2 database via the ipod register used at every lesson.
- To be a teacher who thrives on supporting pupils to achieve their maximum potential in their time with you.
- You will be approachable, friendly and able to exercise the patience needed to motivate and gain pupil’s trust. You will encourage pupils, offer praise and appropriate feedback.
- Have an understanding of Safeguarding & protecting children & vulnerable adults. (We will arrange for you to attend a Safeguarding workshop if your application is successful).
- To comply to all Health and Safety legislation and be aware of your role in managing emergencies.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure provides a wide range of facilities and services on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge which includes Leisure Centres, Libraries, Redbridge Museum, Local Studies and Archives, Parks, Open Spaces, Country Parks, Sport and Physical Activity, Arts, Events, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Hall Lettings. Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure aims to increase participation, accessibility and inclusivity across its services, developing partnerships and sharing best practice throughout facilities.
Apply for Swimming Teacher - Barkingside
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly