Night Porter - The Kedleston County House, Derby
Night Porter for Kedleston County House
Following the opening of our Boutique Hotel, we are looking for a night porter to look after our guests overnight.
- Dealing with customers on a face to face basis ensuring that customer service standards are maintained at all times
- Creating and running a tab so guests can charge to their room
- Dealing with special requests from guests (i.e. booking taxis or storing valuables).
- Answering questions about facilities in the hotel and the surrounding area.
- Dealing with complaints or problems.
- Greet guests at the door and open the door for them, if this has not been possible stand to greet them.
- Greet guests with a smile and answer their questions as required.
- Show guests to their room and ensure all check in procedures and room demonstrations followed in accordance with training.
- Ensure extras guests have requested (ie early morning wake up call, newspaper) are delivered.
- Carrying out list of daily cleaning requirements
- Manning the bar until guests go up to their rooms( max 2am)
- Preparing simple food for guests
- Room service if required
- Looking at daily check in and checkout requirements for the following day
- Getting ready for breakfast service
- Ensuring building is secure at all times
- Prior bar experience a must
- Prior experience with food a must
Hours of work & Pay
- Due to the nature of the role this covers night shifts from 11.30pm to 7am the following morning.
- The role is hourly paid at £7.70 per hour
- There will also be the opportunity for bar shifts at minimum wage to top up hours if the are insufficient hotel bookings to make up hours.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are not always able to contact everyone who applies, so if you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date I’m afraid you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Night Porter - The Kedleston County House, Derby
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly