Head Porter – Manchester City Football Club, Manchester
Job title: Culinary Logistics Team Leader
Department: Catering Operations
Reporting line: Head Chef, Executive Head Chef
No. of direct reports: Event Day Kitchen Porter Team
Purpose of role
To provide a back of house support function that enables the Culinary team to facilitate and implement a food service in hygienic and safe surroundings to deliver a premium experience across the business on match days and non-match days ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained, to the set service level agreements and profitability.
- Managing Director
- Executive Head Chef
- Senior F3 Operational Management Team
- Head Chef
- Front of House Manager
- Public Food Tea
- M.C.F.C. Management
- Supervise the back of house kitchen porter team both on event days and non-event days.Liaise with the Culinary team and prioritise their daily tasks in line with the demands of the business
- To ensure that all casual employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times. This is to include PPE (personal protective equipment)
- All kitchen laundry should be counted, recorded and made ready for collection on the required days.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and safe food handling are achieved at all times by all employees when dispatching food as to the company health & safety standards and in line with current legislation.
- To ensure paperwork relevant to your tasks are completed daily i.e. Goods received, Temperature records and fridge record sheets, HACCP and COSHH are completed and handed to the Head Chef by set guidelines.
- Organise the replenishment of all back of house first aid kits and where necessary place an order with the Head Chef for any items that are required.
- Oversee that only authorised chemicals are used bringing to the attention of the Chef of any unauthorised chemicals so they can be disposed of safely.
- Work with the back of house team to ensure they are delivering an effective service and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Monitor each kitchen, oversee that each back of house area has chemical and sundries and is ready for service in good time.This should include checking there are only authorised chemicals, correct PPE, enough disposables.
- Wash all cutlery, crockery and equipment in the industrial machines provided.Any large saucepans or trays that do not fit comfortably inside the machines should be washed in the designated sinks.
- Make sure all crockery, cutlery or equipment is stacked and stored safely so that it does not become a potential hazard.
- To ensure control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are recorded and kept to a minimum so that misuse of establishment property does not occur. Reporting any breakdown of equipment to the Head Chef and filing a Caterware maintenance request form.
- Work with the kitchen porter team to ensure that at the end of shift, the kitchen and dish washer are closed down in line with the cleaning schedule.The cleaning schedule is signed off and placed on the goods in desk.
- All dishwashers are to be temperature checked daily and the result recorded.Dishwashers and their chemicals are to be checked throughout shift in case there is a need for replenishment.
- To clean kitchen equipment including ovens, fridges, floors and fryers to a high standard as set out in the cleaning schedule.
- Have a clear understanding of the stadium waste streaming and supervise the correct disposing of kitchen waste.
- To ensure that all employees are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that casual employee payroll is kept within the operating targets as set.
To be fully conversant with; -
- The standards and procedures within the Stadium for fire, security, health and safety.
- The standards and procedures within the banqueting for personal hygiene, food hygiene and safety.
- The operating standards and procedures within the stadium for the service of food and beverage.