Junior Sous Chef – Manchester City Football Club, Manchester
Job title: Junior Sous Chef
Department: Catering Operations
Reporting line: Head Chef, Executive Head Chef
No. of direct reports: Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Event Day Team
Purpose of role
To plan, facilitate and implement a food service that delivers a premium experience on match days and non-match days alongside ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained, to the set service level agreements and profitability.
- Managing Director
- Executive Head Chef
- Senior F3 Operational Management Team
- Head Chef
- Front of House Manager
- Public Food Team
- Area Hostess
- M.C.F.C. Management
- To supervise and assist in the preparation of all kitchen areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation and preparation of these areas is achieved in good time prior to each function, including match days.
- To assist in producing the set food specs and photos with recipe cards for the C&E, bowl events, Match Days
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and safe food handling are achieved at all times by all employees within kitchen areas as to the Company Health & Safety standards and in line with current legislation.
- To ensure the highest standards of food service and food presentation across C&E and match day business.This is to include both buffet theming and plated presentation.
- To react quickly and efficiently to clients requests and changes in arrangements.To communicate such information to the catering office and kitchen where relevant.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and is on food safety documentation.Hand any waste records to the Head Chef so it can be recorded in EATEC to achieve budgeted cost of sales.
- To ensure control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that the misuse of establishment property does not occur. Reporting any breakdown of equipment to the Head Chef and filing a Caterware maintenance request form.
- To ensure appropriate paperwork i.e. Goods Received, Temperature record and fridge record sheets, HACCP and COSSH are completed and handed to the Head Chef by set guidelines.
- To supervise all Team members and ensure they have an allergen matrix for every function, match day or bowl event.To review and update were necessary so that all allergens are captured.It must be accessible to all employees, guests and customers.
- Be able to identify labour needs and take note of the casual employee rotas, and any other administration duties.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To ensure that all food, liquor, equipment and sundry items are charged appropriately to the client via the daily charge sheets.
- To ensure that all employees are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards
- Encourage personal development, passion for food and innovative thoughts across all skill sets.
- To ensure that all casual employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times. This is to include PPE (personal protective equipment)
- To ensure that casual employee payroll is kept within the operating targets as set.
- Have a understanding of WMX, the process of clocking in/out and the fire register
- Be able to support the departmental recruitment and training process.
- Have a basic understanding of EATEC and the ordering process.Be able to raise an RQA for processing.
- Provide administrative support as and when requested.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
To be fully conversant with; -
- The standards and procedures within the Stadium for fire, security, health and safety.
- The standards and procedures within the banqueting for personal hygiene, food hygiene and safety.
- The operating standards and procedures within the Stadium for the service of food and beverage.
- The legal requirements in respect of the sales of alcohol to the public.