Assistant Head of Hospitality – Watford Football Club, Watford
Job title: Assistant Head of Hospitality
Department: Catering Operations
Reporting line: General Manager, Head of Hospitality
No. of direct reports: Duty Managers, Event/Match Day Supervisors
Purpose of role
To plan, facilitate and implement a food and beverage service that delivers a premium experience on match days and non-match days alongside ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained
To manage the day to day running of the Operation.
To support both Venue Director and Head of Hospitality in the control and the Implementation of the standards throughout the business.
- General Manager
- Head of Hospitality
- Head Chef
- Head of Public
- Financial Controller
- Third party catering providers
- Service and Fulfillment Manager
- Head of Supporter Experience
- Head of Match Day and Events
- Head of Safety and Security
- Head of FM
- Commercial Manager
- To assist the Head of Hospitality in management and execution of the catering operations plan to ensure the optimal delivery of a world class match day experience/customer experience and ensure that the club surpasses supporter expectations in line with agreed budgets.
- Assist in the management of all third party relationships to ensure that the partnership is maximised.
- To assist in the management of other third party catering suppliers/partners.
- To assist in the management and co-ordination of the match day/event hospitality catering operation.
- To assist in the enhancement of new hospitality catering products and concepts.
- To assist in leading and coordinating initiatives to drive catering revenue on match days.
- Assist in the implementation of SOP and SLA manuals throughout the catering operation.
- Advise and ensure all partners are compliant with Health & Safety regulations.
- Assist in assessing market trends to identify new commercial opportunities developing business cases and realise benefits.
- Increasing catering spend per head.
- To ensure that all food, liquor, equipment and sundry items are charged appropriately to the client via the daily charge sheets.
- To ensure that casual employee payroll is kept within the operating targets as set.
- To prepare the casual employee rotas, and any other administration duties.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- Provide administrative support as and when requested.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
- Embedding operational excellence and driving continuous improvement into the catering operation to enhance the match day experience/customer experience – delivering service improvements across all customer touch points.
- To manage and assist in the preparation of all function areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation of these areas are achieved in good time.
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, tidiness and maintenance in all function areas and public areas within the conference and banqueting dept. To liaise with housekeeping and maintenance dept.’s where necessary.
- To ensure the highest standards of food and beverage service.
- To react quickly and efficiently to clients requests and changes in function arrangements and complaints and ensure these are carried out. To communicate such information to the catering office and kitchen where relevant.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and hygienic food handling are achieved at all times by all employees.
- To ensure that all employees are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times.
- To ensure that banqueting services, pantries and other back of house areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition
- To ensure the control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that the misuse of establishment property does not occur.
- To maintain the departmental liquor control procedures. To ensure that all liquor breakages and wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded where appropriate.
- Assist the General Manager to maximise sales and reduce costs throughout the operation.
To be fully conversant with:
- The standards and procedures within the Stadium for fire, security, health and safety.
- The standards and procedures within the banqueting for personal hygiene, food hygiene and safety.
- The operating standards and procedures within the stadium for the service of food and beverage.
- The legal requirements in respect of the sales of alcohol to the public.
- The methods of payment accepted by the company.
- The standards for cash and payment handling.
Apply for Assistant Head of Hospitality – Watford Football Club, Watford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly