Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Bolton Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can do attitude is key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Managed by Serco, Bolton One Leisure Centre is recruiting a full time Fitness Instructor. Some of the benefits of working for Serco at Bolton One Leisure Centre are:
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Membership of all leisure centres within the Trust (includes immediate family - worth up to £432 per adult per year)
* Development and Training Opportunities
* Serco optional benefits - preferential rates on family healthcare, childcare vouchers, discount card, work and life support, cycle to work scheme
Reporting to the Duty Manager, the full time Fitness Instructor will be required to work on a rota basis during the centre opening times (Mon-Fri 6.30am-10pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 8am-10pm). The key element of the Fitness Instructors role is to provide fitness coaching and provide advice, guidance and programming to customers on all aspects of exercise and related subjects.
* Provide safe, appropriate, fun and results focussed fitness coaching to customers
* Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments
* Support the delivery of the exercise referral health programme
* Support and guide customers to set SMART exercise goals
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services available at the centre and advise customers accordingly
* Contribute to planning and marketing strategies
* Supervise customers to ensure the correct use of fitness training equipment
* Commitment to maintain REPs registration and attend regular CPD training
* Deliver a range of fitness classes dependant on qualifications
* Optimise the customer journey by ensuring the fitness space is always clean and a safe environment to exercise
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* A recognised qualification that allows entry at REPS Level 2
* A recognised exercise referral qualification would be desirable but not essential as training is available
* Experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous
* Able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in, Exercise Instruction and Coaching, Exercise Programming, Needs Analysis and Goal Setting, Health, safety and professionalism in exercise and fitness instruction
* Health and safety training and awareness
* Experience in sales promotional skills would be advantageous
In line with Serco Leisure`s policy, all employees will have an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.