Outdoor Spaces Team Leader - London
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Outdoor Spaces Team Leader
Full Time Permanent
£33,000 - £36,000 (Dependant on experience)
Overview / Purpose of role:
To lead, co-ordinate and drive the development and delivery of outdoor spaces activity, events and involvement across the London Borough of Newham. Working in partnership with a range of local and regional organisations ensuring effective, value for money programming and delivery within budget. In addition, to secure relevant funding to enhance the programme of activities delivered in Newham’s parks and open spaces.
The post holder reports to the Community Activation Manager.
- The post holder has line management responsibility for the Plashet Park Activity Co-ordinator.
- The post holder has budget responsibility for the Outdoor Spaces (Activity) programme and achievement of this plus other Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Will work closely with other Team Leaders, General Managers and other managers as well as other key business and client stakeholders.
- The post holder will be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays as needed to in order to meet service requirements.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- To support the Community Activation Manager in writing, managing and controlling the relevant budget ensuring accurate forecasting and delivery with an emphasis on continuous improvement in contribution.
- Working closely with relevant teams and individuals to help develop and provide direction for the impact and delivery of outdoor spaces’ activity programmes, events and services across the Borough focussing on continuous improvement in service provision.
- To oversee successful delivery of the objectives relating to the management of East Ham Nature Reserve and management of the visitor centre within the site.
- To oversee the management of the 8 allotment sites within Newham including annual lettings, site inspections and supporting allotment societies to effectively manage each site.
- Line manage the Activity Co-ordinator to provide innovation in leading the delivery of the Heritage Lottery funded activity plan within Plashet Park.
- Manage and administrate events and sports pitch bookings within all Newham Parks and open spaces.
- Co-ordinating work with local organisations and community groups to ensure their effectiveness and sustainability.
- Measure and evaluate all activity when relevant and report on KPIs when required.
- To support effective communication between activeNewham, the London Borough of Newham Neighbourhood Teams.
- Manage the process for Newham’s high profile parks to obtain and retain Green Flag accreditation.
- To manage opportunities available to Newham residents to maximise their utilisation of local parks and open spaces, for example community gardening projects.
- To support the organisation and delivery of key events such as the Mayor’s Show andParklives.
- To write and contribute to all funding applications as and when required in conjunction with other service leads.
- To act as an ambassador for activeNewham at all times.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty that is required by the business.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
We are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment.
PROTECTING OUR STAFF AND SERVICES
Adherence to Health and Safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.
Outdoor Spaces Team Leader
The criteria listed in this person specification are all essential to the job.
- An understanding of the objectives of activity programmes and events as well as other community development programmes and how best activeNewham can support the delivery of these.
- Knowledge of environmental and inclusion challenges and how activeNewham can support innovative initiatives to overcome these.
- A demonstrable understanding of the local population of Newham.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety requirements of managing a building which is open to the public.
- Has a successful track record of community engagement and delivery of activity focused programmes and partnership working.
- Experience of working with hard to reach groups and disadvantaged people living in an inner city area.
- Experience of planning and organising community events and activities.
- Some experience of managing and monitoring budgets.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive change and implement new initiatives innovatively to ensure continuous sustainable improvement in service delivery.
- A strong communicator with a can do attitude and the proven ability to build relationships (both internally and externally) effectively with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels and across local community groups.
- Comprehensive people management skills to drive performance and achieve targeted results.
- Strong negotiation skills with the proven ability to employ diplomacy and confidentiality when required as well as the ability to identify and secure external funding opportunities.
- Solid I.T skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Produce clear reporting for key stakeholders when requested and ability to interpret data for meaningful progress in conjunction with the Community Activation Manager.
- Possesses determination and resilience in order to overcome obstacles and maximise efficiency.
- A natural leader with the ability to manage team and individual performance within relevant people policies and ensure wider teamwork across the business.
- A team player willing to do whatever it takes within agreed parameters to ensure the success of their team and the organisation.
- A community spirit with understanding of the role of the organisation within its community.
- A client focus to ensure that drive of team is directly linked to agreed organisational objectives.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to maintain service delivery.
- Some of the duties undertaken by this post may require the post holder to have a full current driving licence.
Apply for Outdoor Spaces Team Leader - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly