Chef de Rang (Waiter)
Position: Chef de Rang (Waiter)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure a friendly and professional service in the restaurant and bar area to the fullest guest satisfaction and in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
Responsible for the entire service operation onboard
- Professional, welcoming and sales orientated F&B service
- Assignment in restaurant (station of approx. 25 to 30 guests) and bar
- (including coffee station and sundeck)
- Restaurant and bar setup following instructions from supervisor
- Preparation and operation of F&B activities (cocktail parties, Tea time, Café lunch) and special events
- Correct handling of all products, materials and equipment (glasses, cutleries and crockeries etc.)
- Tallying of sales transactions
- Cleaning of service working areas in accordance with HACCP rules
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Participation in loadings
Supervisor: Maître D’Hotel / Food & Beverage Manager
Receives instructions from: Maître D’Hotel / Food & Beverage Manager, Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Min. 2 years professional experience as Chef de Rang in 4 or 5* operation
- Knowledge of wines and other beverages
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Ability to work independently, service and sales oriented and guest focused positive personality, neat appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •Viking College • Uniform Regulation • F&B Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.