Multi Sports Coach – London
Multi Sports Coach - West London
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust
Contract: Zero Hour
Basic Salary: Hourly rate
Reporting Structure: Coach Deployment Officer/Community Development Manager/Senior Coaching Staff
- To work under the direction of the Coach Deployment Officer and other key staff to deliver sports activities in Hounslow, Ealing, Richmond, Spelthorne and Hillingdon
- To work with the Coach Deployment Officer, Community Development Manager and Senior Coaching Staff to support:
- Internal: Senior staff with projects, events and administration
- External: Senior staff and coaches to deliver outreach sports coaching sessions across our entire sports delivery spectrum
The position is mobile but with a main base at Brentford FC Community Sports Trust, Half Acre House, Brentford TW8 8BH.
The post holder needs to be flexible and will be required to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- To ensure that all sports sessions are delivered to a high standard, with the aim of continued delivery throughout the year
- To assist in and initiate the delivery of projects and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with key schools, funders and stakeholders
- To acquire relevant experience and show a good understanding of Trust activity
- Under direction of the Coach Deployment Officer, Community Development Manager and Senior Coaching Staff to assist the development, delivery and review of various activities delivered by the Trust. The post will require flexibility in working hours and a willingness to travel to appropriate locations
- Develop relationships with key partners to ensure effective project delivery
- Liaise with the project administrator on a daily basis. Liaise with key Trust staff on a regular basis
- Minimum Level 2 or above sports coaching qualification
- Minimum FA Youth Module Level 2
- Safeguarding certificate
- Emergency Aid certificate
- Current DBS
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Experience in planning and delivering sports activities, in curriculum-based PE and after school club environments
- Experience in understanding and commitment to physical education, sport and long term athlete development
- Ability to travel to variety of workplaces within West London utilising own transport
- Flexible to work outside normal office hours
- FA Level 2 Football qualification
- afPE Level 3 qualification
- Experience of delivering Real PE
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office) / IT skills
- Minimum 12 months’ experience in delivering coaching sessions within a school environment
- An understanding of the structure of School games
BFC CST Employment Conditions
The job holder will commit and conform to Brentford FC Community Sports Trust’s procedures & codes of conduct, including our Child Protection Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety at work – reflecting the Trust’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The job holder will have responsibility for promoting: ethics, safeguarding and the welfare of children – the Trust expects all staff to share this commitment. The job holder will be provided with a Contract of Employment (detailing all terms and conditions) and a Brentford FC Community Sports Trust staff handbook.
This is a position of trust and involves regular and direct contact with children (under 18s), and is subject to CRB Disclosure at Enhanced Level, satisfactory references and a three-month probationary period. There could potentially be a delay in the start of the programme pending the completion of the DBS process. This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time-to-time in consultation with the post holder. Appointment is subject to the Terms and Conditions of service of Brentford FC Community Sports Trust.
This job description is correct as of 3rd October 2016 and will be subject to inclusion of changes that are needed to cope with the needs of the job and in the interests of health and safety. The post is under regular review and all changes that occur in practice will be deemed to be incorporated into this job description whether or not a written change is made.
Apply for Multi Sports Coach – London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly