Transport Manager - Manchester
Title: Transport Manager
Location: Remote site - Kazakhstan
Salary: $87,000 USD
My client is a leading foodservice provider, running oil & gas camps around the world. Due to a recent successful tender they are now looking for a Transport Manager to join them team.
Reporting to the General Manager Kazakhstan and working as a key member of the leadership team, the Transport Manager will play a significant role in the continued development of this exciting business in a region where prospects for growth are significant. As an experienced and highly competent transport professional with proven leadership experience, you will be looking to develop your career in this exciting, unique and high profile role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
- Provide safety leadership, plan performance and safety improvements against targets set down by management and client
- Attend incidents and conduct safety and performance investigations
- Ensure health and safety and motor vehicle safety regulations are adhered to and make recommendations for improvements
- Maintain all assets in the department
- Manage and lead large teams of staff in different locations
- Manage a P&L to set budgets and take full account of all fixed and ongoing costs
- Provide, monitor and improve operational direction
- Interface daily with senior client
- The transport manager directs and supports 500 maintenance and operations staff in HDE, bus and LDV divisions, totaling 1000 assets (vehicles & equipment). Originates and sets strategic and tactical objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasises client/customer satisfaction, empowerment, quality, productivity and standards.
The successful candidate will be a graduate qualified and experienced transport professional with leadership experience, preferably from a complex, multi-site, diverse business of a similar size. Strong communication skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, along with demonstrable change management skills are essential. With the capacity for looking at problems in a new way, being numerically able, with the ability to stay focused in the face of criticism, have IT skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure and make logical decisions. Have a methodical approach, particularly when dealing with lots of incoming data and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Apply for Transport Manager - Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly