Facilities Operations Manager - Butlins Minehead
- Job Type
- Full Time
The Facilities Operations Manager proactively supports the Facilities Manager in all operational aspects of the Facilities Department. This role is accountable for day to day managing and interacting with internal team members and external service providers to ensure planned and reactive works are completed to service and cost expectations on resort. This role requires direction, co-ordination and control to deliver prompt, efficient and high quality service.
Purpose of the role:
- Report to and deputise for the Facilities Manager in day to day activities and acting in their absence assuming responsibility for all teams within the Facilities Department,
- Ensure the Resort complies with current statutory legislation.
- Develop PPM schedules with the support of the Technical and Maintenance Manager
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Check that agreed work by team or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Manage and support the Facilities Helpdesk team.
- Regularly meet with our internal customers to help plan and prioritise work
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences
- Manage contractor and supplier relationships including reviewing and negotiating the best deals to meet the resorts needs
- Compile and coordinate all enhancement/refurbishment works including accurately costing projects, scheduling subsequent workload and communicating timescales to resort teams
- Utility Management - Monitor usage, identify, research and recommend initiatives to meet our Carbon Reduction Standard commitments and usage.
- Ensure delivery of the highest levels of support and service to the resort in relation to all maintenance requirements
- Oversee all team management activities within the department including recruitment, performance management, completion of risk assessments and day to day communication
- Role model behaviour and coach others ensuring all activities support the business culture and our customer service programme. Demonstrate enthusiasm towards self development, including attendance to relevant training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Credible experience of working in a similar Facilities/Building environment
- At least two years management experience with a proven track record of successfully managing projects, people and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in electrical, gas and water systems in relation to maintenance and adherence to current legislation and good overall Mechanical and Electrical understanding would be an advantage
- IT skills including experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of Facilities Management software would be an advantage
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for change and the initiative to implement improvements
- The ability to learn and a passion for self development