Building Services Technician - Edinburgh
Building Services Technician
Nuffield Health are looking for a full time Building Services Technician to join the team at one of our Fitness and Wellbeing Centre's in Edinburgh Fountain Park.
About The role
You'll be responsible for ensuring that all maintenance problems and queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively as well as ensuring that all maintenance activities are carried out safely and securely, and in line with company policies and procedures and current health and safety legislation. You'll make sure that all maintenance related facilities are well presented and maintained as laid out in the brand standards for Nuffield Health.
* Assist the Building Service Manager in completion of all monthly PPM jobs as per the site asset register and PPM Planner.
* To assist with ensuring all statutory tasks are completed and documentation is kept on file within the facility.
* Complete all Building Services daily/weekly checklists.
* Manage and complete all reactive calls within a realistic and reasonable timeframe ensuring member experience is not impacted and proactively updating the General Manager and other members of the club management team as appropriate on any possible impact to member experience.
* Ensure all the work you and the team carry out is done so that no harm can come to you or others by using the SSOW (Safe Systems of Work) and NOPs (Normal Operating Procedures) documents as set out in the H&S manuals.
* Understand COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations and guidelines relating to the correct use and storage of cleaning substances and materials within the club and the correct use of protective clothing and other safety requirements and ensure all team members are also trained in the safe use of hazardous substances.
* Assist with the ownership and management of all Health and Safety Management System folders. Ensure that all engineering compliance documents are kept up to date and any remedial works are completed to an appropriate standard.Assist the Building Services Manager with all Pool maintenance and complete regular pool/spa testing whilst on shift to the Nuffield Health required standards.
* To carry out all Pool PPM weekly tasks including but not limited to backwashing, filters basket cleans, dosing re-calibration, filling up chemical levels and poolside checks.
* Receive and take delivery of all pool chemicals in a safe manner and stored in the correct bunding.
* Attend regular 1:1 meetings with the Building Service Manager to review current performance and allow for future coaching to be issued.
* Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff. Help to create an environment where all employees enjoy themselves whilst at work and make a real contribution to the success of the club and business as a whole.
* Be aware of the importance of member satisfaction on club performance, proactively monitor all sources of member feedback and seek to identify opportunities to improve member engagement and satisfaction wherever possible.
* Be fully involved in the creation of a fun, lively and creative atmosphere for all members.
* Take part in activities, programs and events in the Club which are engaging, generate revenue and promote retention.
* Keep abreast of information on all club facilities, programmes, social events, member suggestions in order to ensure you are fully aware of what is going on across the club and can be an important link between members and all other departments.
* Assist the Building Service Manager in the prioritisation of health & safety management in the Building Services area, ensuring policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place, that you are adequately trained and fully aware of their responsibilities and such training is recorded.
* Ensure checking and inspection processes are completed as required and deviations are promptly actioned. Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the General Manager and Nuffield Health H&S Manager.
* To work alongside the Building Services Manager on a shift rota covering the site throughout the working week.
* To be on call out of hours on a regular rota to cover reactive works if required.
* At least 2 years experience in working within a facilities Environment3 Day ISRM Pool Plant room qualification.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent organisation and influencing skills
* Ability to multi task and prioritise
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Team player, committed to providing a service ethos
Why Nuffield Health?
At Nuffield Health, we help people live life to the full - not only clients but employees too. With our support, training, generous benefits package and respect for balance, you too can make the most of everything in life.
What's in it for you? (Employee benefits)
Continuing professional and career development through the Nuffield Health Academy (REPs CPD accredited)
Competitive commission structure
Generous holiday and leave arrangements
Flexible pension options
Life assurance and healthcare schemes
Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
Free membership for you and heavily subsidised membership for family at our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres
Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services.
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees.
We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates. We may change the closing date if we receive a high number of responses for this role.