Reception Manager - Epsom
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Competitive salary + benefits
Woodcote Park, Epsom
If you have ambition to work in a hotel/restaurant/club environment, join us as Reception Manager and you will provide leadership and support to our Reception team at our clubhouse in Epsom.
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park, our clubhouse set in 350 acres of Surrey parkland near Epsom, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities. As Reception Manager you’ll ensure that these standards are always upheld and that members’ requirements are always fulfilled.
The role will see you:
- Ensuring that members’ bookings, queries and complaints are handled with the utmost efficiency and a positive outcome.
- Ensuring budgeted targets for rooms revenue, occupancy and average rate are met or exceeded, using suggestive selling as appropriate.
- Preparing the budget and forecast, ensuring growth year on year utilising promotional sales opportunities.
- Recruiting, training and managing a team of some 13 colleagues to ensure each team member demonstrates our values, feels empowered and achieves their potential.
- Maintaining, implementing and updating all training manuals to ensure the Club’s standards of excellence are maintained throughout the member’s experience.
The Person – To succeed, you’ll need to be a versatile and unflappable problem-solver with excellent leadership, commercial and interpersonal skills. You should also have:
- A proven track record in managing a team.
- Experience as a Manager or Assistant Manager in a luxury environment.
- Ideally, experience across the various front office departments, plus a Hospitality Management degree or similar.
- Financial awareness, working knowledge of Opera or similar PMS, plus Yield Management.
In return for your commitment we’ll provide you with a full uniform, free meals when on duty and scope to develop your career with the Club.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
To apply, please visit our website.