Bar Assistant (Casual)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre is one of the UK`s National Sports Centres, training grounds and centres of excellence for the country`s leading sportsmen and women. It aims to provide a `World Class Experience`, where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual Bar Assistant to work on a casual basis. The hours will cover shifts on a 4 week rota basis Monday - Sunday. Flexibility will be required to cover the needs of the business. Hours from 6pm through to 12.30am.
The candidate will be working as part of a team to achieve the highest standards of customer service within the Centre`s food and beverage areas. Serve all customers in a fast, professional and courteous manner, ensuring the customer receives a high standard of customer service. Ensure all licensing laws such as no service to under 18`s are maintained at all times. Handle cash, stock and equipment in a secure manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve customers with drink during functions, including the pouring of wine at tables etc.
* Collect glasses, clear and clean tables during and at the end of bar service.
* Serve customers with food and drink during normal bar service.
* Ensure correct use of till i.e. accurate recording of sales, giving change or refunds as required.
* Re-stock bar shelves and drinks dispensers with wet or dry goods, noting stock rotation procedures.
* Carry out simple food preparation i.e. jacket potatoes with fillings.
* Clean kitchen area and equipment, bar surfaces and equipment, including drip trays, shelving - and floor as required
* Ensure glasses, cutlery and crockery are cleaned and put away.
* Change beer barrels as required
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role
* Awareness of the Food and Safety Regulations and in particular, the Food Hygiene (General) Regulations 1970 are essential.
* Previous experience of working in a similar environment/role is desirable.
* Have good communication skills.
* To be able to work on your own initiative.
* Be a team player with good organisational skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.