Commis Chef - The Goshawk - Chester
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade at the Goshawk, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence is a habit’
This site has heaps of history – it was once the station hotel back in the day of the horse and cart and was renowned for late night dancing and easy going manner.Now this site is very much a destination venue in the heart of the English countryside. Serving fine wines, ale and fresh food
Regardless of how many hours you work, our customers are in your hands. The role is both challenging and fun. We obviously expect you to be able to assist in turning out mouth -watering dishes with ease and have a passion for cooking in a fresh food environment. You will assist the kitchen team, in bulk food preparation, basic cookery, and the preparation of starters and desserts.
With recent kitchen experience, in a commercial kitchen environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and to work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Demonstrates the ability to bulk prepare food and can assist in the preparation of starters and desserts in line with Hydes food specifications
- Enthusiastic cooking ability, and a passion for fresh food
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
- Career Progression Plans with our estate
- You will receive an hourly rate of £6.95 / £7.20 per hour with the living wage premium for over 25s
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement and a pension plan
- Free Uniform
- 50% discount at several of our food houses upon completion of your mandatory Hydes online courses
Apply for Commis Chef - The Goshawk - Chester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly