Commis Chef - The Hornsmill at Helsby
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade at the Hornsmill, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence as a habit’
The Hornsmill in Helsby, is an extremely modern site, with an exceptional welcoming atmosphere and character. The site offers freshly prepared food, and has a dedicated orangery restaurant. Alternatively customers can relaxing in the ‘pub’ area to enjoy the amazing food and drinks that are on offer. There is also an attractive outside area, for al fresco dining, as well as many different walking routes, and walkers, dogs and families are all welcome, making this an extremely fast paced site.
Regardless of how many hours you work, our customers are in your hands. The role is both challenging and fun. We obviously expect you to be able to assist in turning out mouth -watering dishes with ease and have a passion for cooking in a fresh food environment. You will assist the kitchen team, in bulk food preparation, basic cookery, and the preparation of starters and desserts.
With recent kitchen experience, in a commercial kitchen environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and to work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Demonstrates the ability to bulk prepare food and can assist in the preparation of starters and desserts in line with Hydes food specifications
- Enthusiastic cooking ability, and a passion for fresh food
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
Career Progression Plans with our estate
You will receive an hourly rate of £ 6.95 / 7.80 per hour with the living wage premium for over 25s
5.6 weeks holiday entitlement and a pension plan
50% discount at several of our food houses upon completion of your mandatory Hydes online courses