People and Development Manager - London
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a People and Development Manager.
The ideal candidate is a Human Resources generalist who will work alongside our People and Development team across the 8 London Hotels. The role works very closely with the General Managers, Deputy General Managers and Heads of Department within the operations.
This is a full time role, for which we are offering a competitive salary and benefits including Firmdale experience vouchers, free dry cleaning, additional holiday days that increase with length of service and development opportunities within the company.
- Contributing to the Firmdale People strategy, promoting our key engagement and retention initiatives within the hotels contributing to the wider People team goals and providing solutions for some of the HR challenges within the business
- Advising and coaching our teams, supervisors and management.
- Working and liaising with the wider People and Development team and external suppliers to deliver the People strategy
- Support for our people on current learning programmes – graduate management programme, internships, work experience, cross training, apprenticeships
- Responsibility for People and Development metrics, reporting and ROI
- Support and oversee employee relations processes and procedures
- To support HODs with any disciplinary or grievance procedures in line with company and legal requirements
- Creating and delivering people management training sessions to Managers and Supervisors
- Oversee the performance and development system and to ensure that all performance and development reviews are completed and assist HODs with management of poor performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Human Resources background, preferably within a hospitality operation
- Up to date knowledge in Employment Relations and Law
- Member of CIPD (preferred)
- A friendly and warm personality and committed to retaining and developing people within the business
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the industry and our people
- Business aware/proven commercial experience
- A resilient nature and ability to take on board feedback to evolve the support that People and Development provide to the business
- Great attention to detail
As a People and Development Manager you will be working full time hours, as required by the business
To apply for the role of People and Development Manager:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.