Night Porter - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Night Porter to join our highly successful team.
As a Night Porter you will encompass a variety of tasks throughout the shift which will allow you to gain experience in all of the hotel departments. Understanding what it means to deliver exceptional customer service and be able to exceed guest’s expectations is imperative in this role. You should have a warm, friendly and welcoming manner, and genuinely care about the guest experience.
As a Night Porter it is essential for you to have a full clean and valid driving licence which allows you to drive in the United Kingdom.
- Welcome the guests to the hotel in a warm and professional manner
- Assist guests with their luggage to their allocated room
- Complete descriptive rooming procedures detailing important information for the guests stay
- Prepare and deliver any late room service orders
- Be confident about restaurants and attractions in the local area to make recommendations when required
- Act upon any guest requests or wake up calls
- Conduct regular safety checks around the hotel
- Valet parking
- Previous experience working as a Night Porter or Luggage Porter in a 5* hotel
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Superb attention to detail
- Confident and warm personality
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for delivering a memorable guest experience
- Excellent personal presentation
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Night Porter you will work 45 hours per week, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Night Porter:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Night Porter - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly