Reception Shift Leader - East Sussex
Reception Shift Leader
Ashdown Park Hotel, East Sussex, now has an exciting opportunity available for a Reception Shift Leader to assist our busy Reception team.
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade Two listed country house hotel set in 186 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland on the edge of the Ashdown Forest, 5 miles from the local town of East Grinstead and 17 miles from Gatwick Airport. An award-winning AA 4 red star Hotel which has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its Anderida Restaurant as well as a 'Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015', Green Tourism Business Scheme Silver accreditation and numerous other awards.
The role of the Shift Leader is to assist the Reception Manager in the smooth running of the Reception and Switchboard. To provide traditional hospitality and service excellence, offering a warm welcome to guests. You must be a good communicator and able to inspire and manage the reception team and have the ability to assess and deal with difficult situations.
As Reception Shift Leader you will have GCSE in Maths and English and be competent using Word / Excel. Experience of using Opera Reservation and Rooms Management Systems would be an advantage. Telephone switchboard skills are essential. You must have excellent customer service care and communication skills and be able to adapt to any situation with good problem solving skills. You will have been working in the Hospitality or Tourism industry for at least 1 year, ideally within a supervisory role and experience in a similar role in a 4/5 star luxury establishment would be beneficial. You will be working 5 days a week on a 7 day rota including early and late shifts, weekends and bank holidays. If you have qualities such as being a great team player, flexible, well presented with a good customer focused attitude, then please contact us.
This is a live out role. Due to early and late shifts and our rural location it is essential to have your own transport. As an Investor In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and dry cleaned
- Free car parking