Swimming Teacher (casual)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual Swimming Instructor (Level 1 or 2) for Market Drayton Swimming Centre.
Market Drayton Swimming Centre has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults to energetic aqua fit classes
The Swimming Instructor will have responsibility for the safety and skill advancement of the pupils within their care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To instruct individuals or groups in the art of swimming or other associated aquatic activities
* To provide schemes of work and lesson plans relevant to the instruction being undertaken
* To ensure the safe use and storage of any equipment required during a lesson
* To record information relevant to each lesson content and any other associated information
* To provide instruction in line with the current Swim Life Learn to Swim scheme
* To attend badge assessment sessions as required
* To promote and support the Serco Swim Life Scheme
* To undertake any task, within any department or area that you are directed to perform which is relevant to the company`s task and is within your competence and ability
Skills and Attributes:
* The person appointed will hold a professional swimming qualification equivalent to the Amateur Swimming Association Level 1 or 2
* Extensive and up to date knowledge of current swim teaching practices
* Good planning ability
* A good communicator
* Good class management and motivation skills
* Customer care skills
* To be able to work as part of team
* Knowledge of current safety requirements for management of swimming lessons
In line with Serco Leisure`s policy, all employees will have a DBS disclosure at an appropriate level
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.