Sous Chef - The Belfry, West Midlands
Due to the location of The Belfry Hotel and Resort, you will need to be able to provide your own transport as the Hotel is not serviced by public transport.
An opportunity has become available to join The Belfry Hotel and Resort, one of the UK’s most prestigious hotel and golf Venues. After a beautiful refurbishment we now have 319 bedrooms, Rosette standard dining, five Food and Beverage Outlets, fantastic Leisure facilities including our Unique Fire and Ice experience, 11 treatment rooms, Pool and what we are famous for … Golf.
We are a unique venue that has hosted the Ryder Cup four times, we have three courses and a mini golf course set over 550 acres of land. Our business aims to be the number one Hotel and Resort in the UK.
We are currently looking for Sous Chef to work as part of our fantastic kitchen team to join our fantastic team in The Ryder Grill, Our leading AA Rosette awarded Restaurant.
The Ideal Candidate
You will come from a background as a strong Senior CDP or currently a Sous Chef from a 4 star property, and have a good understanding of busy hotel kitchens and have a passion for great food. You will understand the importance of making sure our service is shown in everything we do. Duties of the job Include but are not limited to…
- Responsible for controlling standards within kitchen. Must be able to suggest menu and creative food ideas taking into account the company’s food cost and menu guidelines.
- Managing, motivating and developing the Kitchen brigade in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all food items are stored quickly and efficiently thus avoiding unnecessary quantities being held within the kitchen. Always ensuring complete utilisation of all items made with the minimal wastage possible
- Must be hands on and be able to demonstrate all menu ideas through food tasting
- Enforces the high standard of hygiene and sanitation in all food related outlets along with enforcing and monitoring all job description guidelines
- Works closely with the front of the house management to anticipate business levels that might affect the daily ordering process
- To ensure all order sheets are presented to the Executive Sous Chef/Executive Chef by the stated time, checking that all commodities for all sections have been covered in sufficient time in order to meet production schedules
- To inspect daily all food stores and refrigeration to ensure areas are clean and organised
- Contributes menu ideas to make sure that the Ryder Grill is ahead of growing trends
- Although we do try to give all of our employees a good work life balance You will be required to work some evenings and weekends in this role.
- THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST
For all of your hard Work you will be rewarded with…
- Free Uniform
- Free Meals on duty
- Free Parking onsite
- Straight Shifts – no splits
- Discounts on stays at The Belfry
- Up to 40% Food and Beverage discount
- Discounted Leisure / Gym Membership
- Discounted Spa treatments
- Discounted Stay throughout our partner properties
- Heavy discounts on high street retailers
- Plus many more
Due to the high number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted
Apply for Sous Chef - The Belfry, West Midlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly