Chef - Hemel Hempstead
We’re looking for a two Chefs to work in our busy Cafe Bar environment in our Hemel Hempstead Fitness and Wellbeing Centre. We will need one full time Chef and one part time Chef.
At Nuffield Health, we’re changing the way the nation sees health by bringing healthcare and fitness together. It means our Fitness & Wellbeing Centres are much more than just gyms – they’re part of our holistic, integrated health service.
About this Chef role
Reporting to Food & Beverage supervisor, this role needs an enthusiastic person who can:
- Demonstrate a passion for healthy food
- Good presentation skills
- Be a great team player
- Ideally suited to weekend work, but flexible to work additional function and holiday cover as required.
- Help grow our business, maximising every opportunity to up sell specials and increase footfall in the cafe bar.Qualifications, skills and values
- You’re a great communicator who enjoys talking to and meeting people. Passionate about food, You’re confident and charismatic, highly motivated and highly principled.
Already a trained Chef – you’ll need all of these attributes:
- Overall Knowledge of food prep and presentation delivery
- The ability to establish a rapport with a diverse range of people
- A passion for reaching and exceeding targets
- Understanding of kitchen related Health & Safety Laws
- Elementary Food hygiene preferred but not essential
- Understanding of food allergen laws
Why Nuffield Health?
At Nuffield Health, people always come first. You’ll share our values and understand how your role fits in with our overall goal to help people live life to the full.
That goal isn’t only for clients – it applies to employees too. With our support, training, generous benefits package and respect for balance, you too can make the most of everything in life.
This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision is to transform healthcare in the UK by bringing together assessment, treatment and prevention services to provide integrated care – health as it should be.
As the UK’s leading healthcare social enterprise, every penny we make is reinvested in our resources. It means that together, we can all do the right thing for our patients, clients and employees.
Key employee benefits:
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Free membership for you, and heavily subsidised membership for family, at our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres
- Cycle to work scheme
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.