Kitchen Administrator - Eastbourne
The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne are recruiting for a Kitchen Administrator to join our busy Main Kitchen team.
The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne, is the UK's only 5 star hotel by the sea. Situated on the unspoiled elegant Victorian seafront facing the English Channel the hotel is within easy walking distance of the town centre.
The hotel has 152 bedrooms and suites, swimming pool and Health Club, two restaurants, one of which is the award winning two rosettes fine dining Mirabelle. The Grand, known locally as 'The White Palace' has a reputation for fine food, service and hospitality. Recently named as one of the "30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality" by the Caterer magazine, the Grand offers a supportive environment with good learning and progression opportunities. Eastbourne, a vibrant town with a range of good shops and night-life, just 30 minutes from Brighton and 90 minutes from London, offers an excellent and affordable life-style.
Overview of the Kitchen Administrator role:
You will be providing administrative support to the Executive Head Chef and the Kitchen Brigade. Duties will include:
- Entering rotas on to the HR and Payroll database
- Maintaining Kitchen Health and Safety files
- Liaising with Finance, Events, and other related departments
- Liaising with suppliers in the Executive Head Chef's absence
- Planning and overseeing compliance with HR administration
- General admin, including email correspondence, filing and telephone answering
This is a part time role, working fours hours per day between three and five days per week. We are happy to be flexible with hours, however would prefer someone who can work 8.30am-12.30pm. Hours can be discussed and agreed at interview. Key skills for this role include:
- Experience of working within hospitality industry would be an advantage, especially in a Kitchen environment
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety guidelines would be an advantage
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous administration experience preferred and the ability to organise others and manage upwards
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent telephone manner
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills
And in return...
As an Investor in People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- A share in the Company Gratuities scheme
- An Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action
- A childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- Fantastic company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered
- Support with on-going professional qualifications