Junior Sous Chef
7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a professional kitchen? Then we have the job for you as Junior Sous Chef at St Petroc's Bistro in Padstow.
As Junior Sous Chef you will support the Head Chef in running this busy kitchen and deputise in their absence. You will act as a role model for the kitchen team and work to the highest standards at all times. You will work with the freshest ingredients and be supported in your development.
Reasons for you to join our team:
- You'll receive a share of tips from customers
- You'll get 20% discount in all our shops and restaurants
- We can offer support with childcare costs for those with children
- There's the option for overtime on top of your normal working hours
- We'll offer you preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- We'll offer you progression opportunities with the option to experience different styles across our restaurants
- You'll have the opportunity to be promoted within the team
- You'll be invited to summer events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
A day in the life of a Junior Sous Chef – you'll be:
- Operating as a role model to the kitchen team.
- Demonstrating the best possible level of service and skill at all times.
- Leading the kitchen in the absence of the head chef.
- Organising and supervising stock rotation.
- Accounting for any movement of stock.
- Ensuring dating and labelling of produce is carried out.
- Controlling the kitchen from a financial and quality driven perspective.
- Assisting the head chef in the scheduling, development and recruiting of staff.
If you'd like to join us, click the 'Apply' button to submit your full application.
We look forward to hearing from you!