Head Chef / Kitchen Manager - The Marine Hotel, Whitstable
Pub/Hotel: The Marine Hotel, Whitstable
Experienced Head Chef required for busy hotel on Whitstable seafront
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Marine Hotel, Whitstable.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of 61 managed houses in the London and the South East; the Marine combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern hotel. Our two large event rooms allow us to cater for up to 200 guests, so we are a very busy function venue that plays host to high numbers of weddings, parties and sit-down events.
Working to our company brand guidelines and specifications with autonomy to develop the menu in the longer term, we want a Head Chef that can lead and motivate the existing brigade and help us move our business forward to the next level.
- Proven experience at a head chef level.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of nine staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.