Kitchen Assistant/Porter Required - The George Hotel, Cranbrook
Hard working and reliable porter required
Due to business demand the George Hotel in Cranbrook is looking for a full time kitchen porter to join our team immediately.
We are a busy hotel that combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern hotel and function venue.
We pride ourselves on offering a quality and traditional pub menu together with a great level of customer service, so we need an enthusiastic and dedicated Kitchen porter that can support our busy kitchen team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for maintaining a clean, hygienic and tidy kitchen area.
- You will manage the pot wash and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring adequate clean stock and cutlery for service.
- You may also be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation ensuring that our customers are served quickly and efficiently.
- Experience is preferable although not essential as full training will be provided.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Candidates must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- You will be a great team player.
- An immediate start is available.
- Full company training will be provided.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
Please apply online now with your CV in order to be considered.