Sous / Second Chef required - The Royal, Whitstable
Enthusiastic and passionate Sous Chef required
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Sous Chef for a brand new and exciting opportunity at the Royal in Tankerton, Kent.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East, the Royal is a busy pub and restaurant that boasts a fantastic sea fronted location in Tankerton, a suburb that sits between the coastal towns of Whitstable and Herne bay.
The Royal is now part of our ever expanding managed estate and following a small refurbishment in September/October, we are looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef that support the kitchen team and who can help us put our food on the map locally.
In return, we can offer you continued support and training, a competitive salary, great company benefits and there may also be chance for you to join our proven chef’s development programme which can help you achieve your career potential in the longer term.
- Proven experience at Sous or Senior Sous Chef level.
- The ability to run the kitchen and lead a team in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Live in accommodation may be available if required.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
- Please note that live in accommodation may be available for the right candidate.
In order to be considered please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.