Relief Duty Manager
5 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Salary - £16224
We are currently looking for a full time Relief Duty Manager for Sheppey Leisure Centre, in Sheerness.
Visitors come from all over the island for a great day out at Sheppey Leisure Complex. Located in the town centre of Sheerness, the whole family can enjoy two swimming pools as well as giant pool inflatables, Water Walkez and soft play in the Adventure World.
We also offer a state of the art fitness suite suitable for all abilities and styles of fitness training and a workout studio offering over 20 classes a week.
The Relief Duty Manager role is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
In addition, the Relief Duty Manager will supervise the work of the Recreation Assistants and assist the Duty Manager in ensuring the building is run smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide supervision of swimming pools and dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
* Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets
* Provide support to the Duty Manager, particularly relating to the monitoring and inspection of the facility
* Following suitable in-house training, provide temporary cover for the Duty Manager when required
* Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
Skills and Experience
The Relief Duty Manager will possess a current Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and a current first aid at work qualification. A pool plant operators certificate and a Level 3 Qualification in a relevant discipline are desirable.
You will also have:
* The ability to remain vigilant, alert and attentive
* The ability to be calm and in control in pressurised situations such as emergencies
* Customer care skills
* Communication skills
* The ability to set and achieve high standards of centre cleanliness and presentation
* Health and safety awareness
* The ability to deal with customers of all age groups and levels of ability
* Sustain a level of fitness to enable the physical aspects of the position to be undertaken
* Ability to lead and supervise other team members
* Ability to be organised
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.