Lifeguard x 3 (Casual)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Erdington Leisure Centre is home to a 30m swimming pool that offers a great range of sessions for all types of swimmer, and a Turkish Suite which is made up of 3 hot rooms, 2 steam rooms and a sauna.
We are currently recruiting for 3 x Lifeguard to work on an as and when basis. Shifts will be on a rota basis covering earlies from 6.30am, Lates until 10.30pm and weekends 7.30am - 10pm.
Carry out the duties of a Lifeguard in such a way that ensures customers receive a quality service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring.
- Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times.
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities.
- Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets.
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
- A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Royal Life Saving Society) is essential.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills are essential.
- A good awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures is essential.
- Experience of working in a similar environment is desirable.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.