Interim HR Advisor - Oxford
Interim HR Advisor – Facilities Management (Healthcare) - Job Summary
Amazing interim HR Advisor role providing pragmatic employee relations and generalist advice to operational management & frontline staff. The role is working within a global organisation, specialising in total facilities management and is renowned for career progression.
Our client is a global total facilities management organisation who have a varied, diverse service offering. They offer excellent progression throughout the organisation and recognise that people are fundamental to their success. This fixed term contract will run from now until 31 March 2017 and the hours of work will be Monday to Friday 08:00 - 16:00, or 09:00 - 17:00.
Interim HR Advisor – Facilities Management (Healthcare) - Role Responsibility
The HR Advisor will provide provide guidance and practical expertise to line managers to ensure the best performance of both their team as a whole, and the individuals within it, highlighting issues with a strategic, legal or employee relations impact to the HRBP.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide an excellent contact for both individuals and managers requiring advice, support, guidance and training on people management issues
- To drive performance through the people agenda, engaging with operational teams and implementing HR strategy
- Provide tactical HR support as required
- Able to work within an environment of lots of change (org design and re org) that is being embedded
- Support the HRBP in the collation and analysis of HR information
- Monitoring of HR activity against KPI's to ensure that HR is performing to required standard
- Build effective relationships with all key stake holders and operational teams
- Ensure that the HRBP is fully supported with issues around organisational change and development, such as reorganisation, mobilisation/de-mobilisation, acquisitions and disposals, including ensuring due diligence and effective communication
- Identify ways to reduce cost
- Undertake performance reviews and provides training recommendations
- Strong ER case work and ability to manage a busy HR workload (mainly absence, sickness etc)
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives aimed at improving people management and business performance
- Identify talent and manage development ensuring people are challenged and achieve their potential
- Support supervisory staff through development programmes and cultural change initiatives
- Work within a given budget, usually without authorised spend of their own
- Able to work with MI and HR data, quickly understand it and manipulate the data to drive performance across the contract.
- This fixed term contract will run from now until 31 March 2017.
- The hours of work will be Monday-Friday 08:00 - 16:00, or 09:00 - 17:00
Interim HR Advisor – Facilities Management (Healthcare) - The Ideal Candidate
As HR Advisor you must:
- Good working knowledge at HR Advisor (Employee Relations) / Officer level or equivalent CIPD qualification (or currently studying) or equivalent degree / HR experience
- Experience of providing generalist HR solutions to line management (including good knowledge of ER issues relating to the disciplinary procedure, appeals and grievances
- Confident and articulate communicator
- ER experience gained within a Unionised environment
- Experience of TUPE, or an understanding of it
- Exposure to working within Unionised environments
- Able to work within a somewhat bureaucratic public sector framework and not become frustrated by it
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work on own initiative
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.