Head Chef - International Opportunities Available
Destinations: Val d’Isère, Tignes, Courchevel, La Plagne, Méribel, Les Deux Alpes, Courmayeur, Zell am See and St Anton
About the Role
We are actively seeking Head Chefs to come work in our superb chalet hotels located in top European ski resorts.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager you’ll be responsible for the management, financial control and food hygiene practices within your kitchen. Becoming a Head Chef at Mark Warner is an excellent opportunity to manage your own kitchen, and as with all kitchens, the work can be demanding and you’ll need to be dedicated.
- Overall responsibility of the daily running of the kitchen
- Ensure high culinary standards and presentation of foods at all times for guests and staff
- Manage food purchasing and storage
- Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen
- Develop and create new recipes and menus
- Prepare and cook guest breakfast, children’s lunch and high tea and evening meals
- Prepare and cook staff meals
- Ensure you are inspirational to your team
- Liaise with local suppliers
- Stock control and management
- Manage budgets whilst maintaining high standards
- Train, monitor, manage and motivate your team to encourage their best performance
- Ensure HACCP records are maintained at all times
Abilities and Skills
- Hard working
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Confident and professional with a calm demeanour
- Strong leadership skills
- First rate culinary skills
- Organised, self-starter
- Health & Safety Food Hygiene certificates
- 1 years’ experience managing a kitchen
- Implement HACCP procedures
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK
- Medical insurance
- Comfortable accommodation
- All meals
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
- Lift pass, ski equipment hire and discounted lessons for beginners
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to work year-round
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends.
Who We Are
With 40 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All Inclusive
Operator’ and to win silver for ‘Best Ski Operator’.
We continue to be market leaders for family holidays and each year employ over 1,500 staff to work in our overseas resorts. With 50,000 clients travelling with us across our summer and winter programmes we see an incredible 40% rebook future holidays. Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff and their dedication to outstanding customer service.
Looking for a Career or just a one-off Season?
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you’re looking for a short-term challenge or career development, Mark Warner offers a rewarding adventure and fantastic opportunities whatever path you choose.
To apply, visit our website