Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Fox Hollies Leisure Centre is home to a 50 station gym, power plate studio, sports hall, squash courts, 25m swimming pool, studios which host a wide range of workout classes and much more. Outdoors, Fox Hollies has 3 floodlit, sand-based pitches surrounded by a recently refurbished 400m running track, full size hockey markings and courts.
We are currently recruiting for an Aquatic Activator to work 20 hours per week on an as and when basis, Monday – Sunday.
To develop and manage all activities contained within the centres swimming programme. To focus on developing quality sessions and products that will encourage repeat visits from our customers. To lead and manage a team of qualified swimming instructors and ensure qualifications are updated regularly. To drive revenue through the delivery of the sessions and programmes to meet financial targets as set within the business plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
* Create new courses and sessions for booking purposes, having responsibility for the waiting list/updates customers are fed into the scheme on a regular basis.
* Create a welcoming atmosphere for customers by ensuring front of house teams understand the swimming programme are updated regularly on programme development and changes.
* To undertake outreach work and off site presentations as and when required to meet the needs of the centre in order to develop new business and build relationships with customers and stakeholders.
* To focus on and improving the numbers of participants in swimming lessons, casual swimming sessions & children’s wet side parties.
* To be responsible for the role out of new products/ sessions within the pool and the reporting of statistics relating to new sessions.
* Provide cover for swimming lessons as a teacher and as and when applicable.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
* Hold an ASA /STA Level 2 Teacher qualification or equivalent is essential.
* Hold an NRASTC & NPLQ qualification or equivalent is essential.
* Proven experience of working in a similar role/environment is essential.
* Experience in managing a team of instructors.
* Excellent communication and customer care skills.
* IT Skills/PC literate.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.